Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 1 of "Staycation"

This is my second post for tonight so be sure and scroll down to see both.

So I decided to take this week off for vacation...but since we weren't going anywhere, it's actually a "staycation". The only thing I had planned for this week is to go to the beach once or twice this week, get some things done around the house and hopefully get some scrapbooking done.

I didn't intend to do yard work, that's for sure! But that's exactly what I ended up doing yesterday after a freak storm came through on Sunday night. It came through suddenly around 10 pm with winds stronger than I ever remember. Shortly after, the power went out. Then we heard a loud "thump". I knew immediately that it was probably part of a tree falling to the ground. Tony went outside to investigate and verified that it was part of a pine tree that had fallen but it had not fallen near the house.

Tony had just come back inside and got a "page" from the fire department about a possible tree down on the highway. When he walked outside to jump into his truck, he noticed that a small tree in the back yard had fallen on the house but it didn't look like it had broken anything. We wouldn't be able to tell for sure until the next morning.

Here are some of the pictures...

Here you can see that it wasn't a very big tree.


It landed on top of the roof of the balcony and closet of my bedroom.


You can't really tell from this picture but there is a storage building on the other side of that tree. I am surprised it missed it.






No wonder the TV wouldn't work...


There was damage done after all.




No comments: