Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

We go to my cousin’s house in Glennville every year to celebrate Thanksgiving. It includes my Daddy’s side of the family and Tyrone’s wife Jane’s side of her family so it’s a big crowd. Everyone brings a side dish and a dessert. You can imagine all the food there is to eat.

This year, I made Pumpkin Trifle and Pumpkin Bread

IMG_1267

I found the recipe for the Pumpkin Trifle at Taste of Home.

IMG_1269

IMG_1268

This has become a family favorite. I wasn’t going to make this but Gabrielle begged me to. The great thing is that this recipe uses sugar-free, fat-free and reduced-fat ingredients but loses nothing in taste. Plus, it’s a lot of fun to make!

 

I also made pumpkin bread to take with us. I found this recipe on Pinterest. This recipes calls for a box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake and a can of pure pumpkin. That’s it. Mix them together and throw it into a baking pan or muffin pan and bake. It tastes wonderful! I was suppose to top it off with some powdered sugar but was out.

IMG_1271

I LOVE Pinterest! I have found so many great ideas and recipes on there. If you want to join in, then let me know and I can sent you an invite.

My girls love to go to Tyrone’s on Thanksgiving. He’s an excellent craftsman and has a shop that he sets up for us to eat in. There is always plenty to eat.

IMAG0184

There were four different kinds of meat…

IMAG0185

  And here is Gabrielle fixing her plate.

IMAG0186

I am embarrassed to say, here is my plate. I took a picture of it to send to my oldest daughter, Ashley. She spent Thanksgiving with her husband’s family in Ohio and was so upset that she wouldn’t get any “southern” cooking with dressing and pecan pie. That was so mean of me! Tee hee hee.

IMAG0188

After lunch, we hang around socializing for several hours. There is plenty to do…

like riding the kids around on his golf cart. Cassidy was so in her element driving her cousins around.

IMG_1315

Or playing ping pong…

Lots of matches took place like Gabrielle and her friend Ivy,

 

or Cassidy

IMG_1295

IMG_1296

IMG_1297

Or my nephew Jonathan and his sister, Eleni.

After you get tired of ping pong, you can play a good game of “Horse”.

IMG_1326

You can always listen to tall tales about hunting from Tony and my sister’s husband Stanley.

IMG_1299

IMG_1309

IMG_1305

By the time you have done or watched all this, you are tired. Here is my great niece Skylar all tuckered out.

IMG_1306

So now we get to load up and go to Baxley to Tony’s sister’s house and do it all again.

No comments: