Thursday, October 22, 2009

The "Mack Daddy", Igloo and Mummy in a Coffin

This post is going to go from one extreme to the other so please bear with me. Remember how I told you that on opening day all they saw were does but they wouldn't shoot them because they were waiting for the "mack Daddy" deer. Well, Tony found him on Tuesday, a 10 point! He is one happy man and is bound and determined to have him mounted even though I told him he already has his allotted number of deer heads on the living room wall. LOL! We'll see who wins this battle.





Cassidy just learned about all different tribes of American Indians in school and had to pick a tribe and make a special project. She chose to make a model home and here are some pictures of the final product. I bought 3 boxes of sugar cubes and she hot glued them together around a metal bowl. She used a LOT of glue to make it stick. Her teacher said she did a great job and is putting it on display next week at our local fair along with some other classmates. Whoo Hoo!





My oldest grandson's birthday is October 29th, just 4 years and 1 day after my youngest daughter Cassidy's birthday. Since their birthdays are so close to Halloween, it lends itself nicely to have costume parties. I went to Ashley's house last night and helped her make Chandler's birthday invitations. I got the idea from here.







I think they turned out pretty cute. We cut out all the peices and all she has to do now is put them all together.

On another note, while I was there last night, Chandler started running a high temp, almost 104 degrees! Ashley took him to the doctor today and it turns out he has the H1N1 virus! The doctor said that since she brought him so quickly hopefully the Tamiflu will work. Please keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Poor Chandler! We'll pray that he's on the mend soon! Cassidy did a fantastic job! And I'm going to have to show that "Mack Daddy" to my hubby! What a deer! Hope to see ya soon!