Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's official!

I have finally decided to try my hand at blogging. I can't promise how much I will post but I want to give it a try. The main reason for wanting to start this is to help me remember small details of my family's life. My memory is TERRIBLE! Maybe this will help my journalling when I am trying to scrapbook an event that happened five years earlier. Not that I'm admitting to being that far behind in my scrapbooks...maybe more.

The girls are out of school all next week for their winter break ( I love their school schedule now) so we decided to go to Gatlingburg and take them snow skiing again. We came last year for the first time and it was one of our best vacations ever!

We got up this morning at 5:00 a.m. to make the 8 hour drive to Gatlinburg. Boy was the van loaded down this year. We brought some groceries and cooking essentials to avoid having to spend extra money at the grocery store. Gabrielle brought 3 bags of clothes and five pair of shoes!



We also brought the girls' Wii and Playstation 2 systems to set up in the condo. Unfortunately the condo we are staying at has old tvs and so we couldn't set up the games. Cassidy was so upset. What will she do for a whole week without playing her games?

The drive up here wasn't too bad. The weather was a little rainy at times but nothing too bad. Of course, Gabrielle and Cassidy took a nap. We make a quick stop at Tallulah Falls to look at the gorge. We had tried on several other trips to stop there but it was always too foggy to see anything. Today it was perfect which is really amazing conzidering the weather.The drive through the Smokey Mountains was a little disappointing because we were hoping to see ice or snow still on the ground. Oh well, maybe it will snow one day this week.





Once we came into Gatlinburg we headed straight for our condo. It is located near Ober Gatlinburg but we would have rather stayed in downtown Gatlinburg. Last year, we stayed at the Crown Park Resort and was so spoiled by all the extras it had including an indoor pool, indoor hottub, a billiards table and exercise room. This condo is not as nice although it has the most beautiful pine boards on the walls. It also has an indoor pool and hot tub and even a sauna!

No comments: